Guess: Which country is New Zealand's size, but with 120,000,000 people living on 30% of the land, because the remaining 70% are mountains?
This country has 80 million vehicles in use and produces a third of all cars globally.
Yes, it is Japan. Land of cars and high-tech.
The question is - to where this massive overflow of cars is going? Yes - to the Car Auctions.
And why car prices are so low?
1. Cars are produced right there in Japan - no added costs.
2. Competition is fierce. Car manufactures are keeping prices low, and win on volumes.
Let me share my personal story:
Everyone talked about the great selection and how cheap cars are in Japan. So I decided to see it for myself.
Back in 1998, I went to Japan for the first time, on the cargo ship as a passenger. With an idea to buy a car. After few days of sailing, I saw the Islands of Japan. It was a mesmerising feeling, to visit a foreign country for the first time, not only as a tourist but with a mission - to find and buy a car.
On the first day, we went to the Toyama city car yards. Vast areas packed with thousands of cars, and no fences. It was surreal. No one around, open cars, with keys inside. Prices are written on the windscreen. $5000+ less than the prices in my hometown!
It was a moment of revelation.
Then was buying, deregistering, loading on the boat, coming back home, going through customs clearance, registering. It took me two weeks all up. It was an adventure. I saw Japan for the first time and got two cars. It was back in 1998, and everything had to be done manually.
In 2006, I discovered that online systems had appeared and allowed to select cars right from the Auctions using internet!
It was a second revelation! No need to travel to Japan anymore!
Seat at home and search for cars in Japan online. Brilliant!
But I realised it’s not that simple. So I learned everything: about rules and regulations, shipping, customs, compliance etc.
And in 2009 opened a company, and import cars from Japan ever since.
I noticed how often people asked me about finding a special cars in Japan. And in 2014, I created a service of Importing A Car From Japan. IMPORT YOUR CAR.
Since then our team helps people who are looking to buy a car directly from the Japanese Auctions and we import it for them.
Importing is kinda like buying a car online from another city and getting it delivered to you. Also, some learning is involved which we provide. We do 90% of all work for you though. You do the shopping, starting with practice bidding.
Everyone will be buying a few cars in their lifetime. But often car you want not even available in your area. Or if it does, we all know that low mileage, sought after cars are selling for a premium price.
A new concept of buying a car - by importing?
Even though Japanese auctions is from where most of the cars come in the first place, auctions are still a mystery for many.
Hardly anybody is talking about importing. But when you learn it and use it, you will see a huge difference in selection and prices.
If you want to settle for a mediocre car or overpay, it’s your choice.
But if you open to a new opportunity - then importing might be just right for you.
Our customers buy cars like 2018 Mitsi Outlander PHEV Hybrid Premium for $42,000. Or 2020 Nissan Leaf E+ with 62kw battery for $60,000, or Benz AMG C63 V12 for $40,000. Exclusive cars for those who know what they want - directly from the source.
Our company helps you to buy a car directly from Japan's auctions and get it imported.
We ship to Auckland, Wellington, Nelson, Christchurch and Dunedin. Can transport to any other city if needed.
Follow the steps to learn how to import a car from Japan, without any prior experience, and save $3000 to $10,000 and get it done right.
1. Register and select from options.
2. Get Access to the Auctions. Check the HOW TO BID page.
3. Please PRACTICE BIDS, so we see what car exactly you like.
4. We will translate auction lists, tell you the market price, offer similar cars to bid on.
Invest your energy and focus. It’s in your interests.
Spend 30 minutes on a computer to go through the steps. And watch the training video.
Very important - place Practice Bids. Try it out. Your Practice Bids helps us to understand what type of car you want, so that we can help you better.